Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Good News Check

Did another quick peek into the hives today. Good news! I saw bees eating sugar on both of my hives!!!

The brown hive's cluster was smaller than that of the green hive, but based on what I've seen in the past, the size is consistent.

Still too cold for the bees to do any flying, and it's supposed to snow tonight/tomorrow and be cold the rest of the week. While I was checking, I slipped in 1/2 of a Global Pollen patty, just to give them something besides sugar to munch on.

I suppose next week I'm going to have to add more sugar to the hive...

Stay warm everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Steven, hope the weather warms up soon for you are your girls in the hives.

    Weather very hot and sticky down in New Zealand, so Bees are very busy.

    See ya...Gary
    http://kiwimana.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin